Saturday, January 20, 2007

R.I.P. Denny Doherty

It's a day of mourning here in the realm of LQofU. Denny Doherty passed away today leaving only Michelle Phillips as the surviving member of The Mamas and The Papas.

The Mamas and The Papas saw their heyday long before I came into this world, and yet have been one of my favorite groups for nearly all of my life. While they lack the political or poetic genius of most of my other favorite musicians, they have never failed to bring a bit of much needed peace to my world.

As some of you may know, my daughter is named for Mama Cass, which may tell you something about the importance of this group in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart is also sad....Cass, John, now Denny....they will live forever in the music we so love and in our hearts....

I was a little surprised he was living in Canada...

May the Lady guide him swiftly to Sumerland