Sunday, January 13, 2008

Only Me

In the latest chapter of the only Laura saga, I had a tick bite on Friday (gosh, I just love living in the woods) which by Saturday had turned into a raging infection in my leg. That, combined with the fear of Lyme disease prompted a late night emergency room trip as soon as Jamie got home from work.

Luckily, the ER was not too busy and the oncall doctor was one of my favorites. He gave me a shot of penicillin and a prescription for zithromax, plus pain pills. Today, which was supposed to be spent cleaning cages and doing laundry was spent in bed and on the couch due to the extreme pain that any infection causes me. Fun, fun, fun.

2 comments:

Archaeogoddess said...

Oh my darling! That sounds horrific! Nasty nasty tick!

LouAnn said...

*sigh* a tick? Do you remember the ticks you and your sister used to get? EVERYWHERE! As much as you have lived in the woods, you'd think they would just declare a truce, eh? I certainly hope you are doing better...will give you a call soon.....bad, tick....maybe you need that tarantula, feed the ticks to it!