Monday, January 25, 2010

Furry, Floppy Love



This is my sweet boy...Charlie. He makes everything better. He protects me from all the bad things in the world. True story...The other night when the munchkin was off at her dad's, I was watching a special on NatGeo (geez...I'm a nerd) and was surprised by a particularly traumatic scene and started crying and Charlie went nuts...barking and running around trying to figure out what was making me cry because he was going to kill it, dammit!!



Charlie, like me, is a huge drama queen. He is good at pouting and whining and letting the world know just how miserable his life is. As sad as this picture is, it's nothing to look on his face when I gather my things because I'm...leaving the house...There is nothing worse in the world than when I leave the house. And if I'm gone overnight? The moping is ridiculous. He won't eat, and just lays around feeling sorry for himself.

But as far as Charlie is concerned, that's nothing to the horror that is this guy...



This guy has no concept of "personal boundaries." He doesn't seem to know or care that I belong solely to Charlie. This guy thinks it's a good day if there is never a shred of sunlight between us. Charlie tries to keep Ellwood in line, he really does. But Ellwood is stubborn...and stupid...which means that Charlie has to tell him again and again to MOVE!! Or to stop chasing the damn laser light or any number of other things that Ellwood does that Charlie does not approve of.

I think Ellwood's really starting to grow on Charlie, though...either that or he's decided that Ellwood is just too dumb to take care of himself. See, while Charlie is a very verbal dog and lets you know if there is an intruder or just a stray falling leaf that offends him, Ellwood never barks...well, unless he's chasing cats...but that's a whole other subject... Since Ellwood isn't standing up for his rights at the top of his lungs, Charlie's decided that's his job. He's taken to whining at the door if Ellwood wants to be let in or let out or to look at the business section of New York Times...






I love this dog. I really, really do...and he loves me...he really, really does...

1 comment:

LouAnn said...

This is all very very true people! Having stayed with these 2 guys for a short time, I can attest to everything written here...believe me, everytime I said something to Laura (as in disagreement or notletting her have her way) Charlie would chew me out....and if I embarrassed him (or tried to) or in any way did something or said something he didn't approve of, again, I was disciplined, or snubbed....Ellwood, on the other hand is too busy getting in your face (and everything else you may own)to care what you say to him...so you can understand why Charlie has to "stick up" for Ellwood! HaHa...but they are loveable, four-legged kids (goddess forbid you should call them mere pets)that bring joy and laughter (along with alot of hissing from the feline sector)to the household.