Thursday, December 14, 2006

Hmmmm...

Well, I'm about to head off to the hospital. I'm a bit nervous this morning. Not to mention tired and awfully thirsty. This nothing to drink thing sucks. I can hold off on eating, but to not even have a drink a water sucks right out loud.

On the bright side, I got the vast majority of my Christmas shopping done last night. Cass has been so good lately, and Santa is going to be very good to her. I can't help it. I always say, I'm only go to get her x amount of stuff and I always end up going way over. I know I'm totally overcompensating for my childhood and for the fact that her father is much less concerned than I am about how happy her Christmas memories are. Plus, I'm just that neurotic.

It got me to thinking, though. How on earth do people who have 5 or 6 kids do it? Because, really I don't spend tons of money, I shop for things that are on sale, but it's still a stretch every year. Thank goodness I'm not one of those nutcases who thinks it's a good idea to have a whole passel of children. I'd pull my hair out every Christmas if I had to concentrate on making 5 or 6 kids happy. As it is, I just know I'm going to lay awake on Christmas Eve going, should I have gotten her more. Will she be happy with what she finds in the morning.

I tell you, being a parent....? Not for the faint of heart.

Alright, wish me well. Though how great can a day be when the best case scenario is that I wake up later today minus a body part?

No comments: