Thursday, December 07, 2006

Okay

So, I've had this blog title for quite some time, now and knew that at some point I would have to do something with it. As usual, I procrastinated on deciding what that "something" might be for entirely too long.

I am currently reading "The Julie/Julia Project" and it has most definitely struck a chord. In fact, it made me want to jump up and start some fabulous project of my own. Reality, of course, struck me almost immediately in the form of remembering Thanksgiving, just a scant two weeks ago, when a day's worth of cooking caused me to hibernate for 3 days. Not to mention that I'm still not entirely recovered from the 30th birthday bacchanalia.

I think what I need to do, for my sanity and the sanity of those around me, is write. Which I can do quite easily.

So, henceforth this blog shall be about whatever strikes a chord in me, moves me or just makes me say "Jesus-fucking-Christ" you've got to hear this. Not just "slice of life" stuff, to quote my dear friend Craig, but stuff out there in news land, too. Anything, really. As long as it interests me enough to tell it to other people.

What you're most likely to hear about over the next two weeks, should you decide that reading what I have to say could be entertaining enough to spare me a few moments a day is my upcoming surgery to remove my thyroid gland. That surgery will take place a week from today in the wee hours of the morning. More on that later.

So, anyway, here I am, 30 years old. Unemployed. A full-time mom, and occasional cook and house cleaner, not other people's houses, just my own and just occasionally. Seems like as good a jumping off place as anything else I could come up with. So, I hereby welcome you to LQofU, a title granted me by my dearest friend, Erin the God, a title which may mean nothing to you unless you understand all about shrubberies, and kahnighits, without thinking we are talking about Monty Python, which we kinda are, but mostly aren't...so....Sit back, hold on and smile...it's going to be a bumpy ride.

No comments: