Friday, February 09, 2007

Aargh....

Okay, so can someone explain to me why there are like 80 products out there that make it possible for 80 year old men to get hard-ons, and yet we still haven't found a cure for the common cold?

Yeah, so my darling little bundle of germs brought home germs from that germ infested wasteland also known as primary school. So, she was sick for awhile, and I felt fine, so I thought, hmmm...maybe I'm just not going to get this one. No such luck. And, of course I have to get it worse than she did, so while she was still running around like a maniac, I'm in misery on the couch, praying for either death or a mucous vacuum. (Now there's a nice mental image for ya, right? 'Cause who's going to empty that vacuum bag....yeeesh...)

Oh, and hey...no one tells you this, but if you ever get your thyroid taken out, say goodbye to all the good cold medications that make it possible for you to breathe from time to time. For some reason, anyone taking thyroid replacement therapy can't take anything with ephedrine. Good thing my meth days are over, right?

2 comments:

Archaeogoddess said...

Thomas has this really gross method which involves snorting salt water. Well, he says he does, I've never seen it performed. (I mean, how the hell do you snort salt water without drowning? I must be missing something in translation.) And my mom swears on ginger tea. For everything, including hangnails.

Truely, truely, it sucks to be you. I found that Aleve Cold is the best for colds, but it's got that pesky ephedrine in it. (So while you are screwed, perhaps the other readers will gain.) I guess you should just keep drinking the liquids and blowing them out your nose. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yep - Erin's friend is right, sweetie...go ahead and snort some salt water, little bits at a time or yes, you would probably drown! Wish there was something else....